Blog - Happy Roots Houseplants
Happy Roots Houseplants Watering Tips
- It’s better to under water your plants than to overwater. Too much water can lead to root rot.
- Check the soil first to make sure it’s dry at least 2 inches deep below the surface.
- If your soil looks dark in color, feels moist, and sticks to your finger, your plant has enough water.
- During winter months when the days are shorter, typically water less. If you keep your home warm, soil may dry out quicker so do pay attention.
- Wilting or curling leaves, brown edges are signs of a thirsty plant.
- Use WARM water when watering your houseplants, it absorbs into soil better.
- If you notice brown spots on any of the leaves, it could be the chemical in the tap water. Try boiling the water and letting it cool out. I found this has helped many of my plants look better!