Blog - Happy Roots Houseplants
7 things to consider:
- Keep plants in pots with drainage holes to prevent waterlogging.
- Water most plants every 2–4 days (or as required) in spring and summer to keep the compost moist (not waterlogged).
- Water desert cacti and succulents less frequently (only when the top of the compost feels dry).
- Reduce frequency of watering in winter when plant growth is slower and temperatures are lower.
- Tip out excess water from pot sleeves and saucers to prevent overly soggy compost.
- Avoid getting water on the leaves and stems of plants with soft, furry foliage, or succulents and cacti.
- Check the Plant Profile chaper to see if your plant prefers rainwater or distilled water.